Saturday, April 17, 2010

Care of Magical Creatures

Care of Magical Creatures is one of my favorite subjects at Hogwarts! I didn't even know my cat was part kneazle until my second year. Crazy!

Part One

First off, this is Orlando Hoo, my pet owl (and also my originality marker):

Here are a few items I would use in everyday care of magical creatures:

1. Scissors for trimming overgrown fur.

2. Tape measure for measuring growth over time.

3. Herbs for making salves and medicines in addition to magic. Sometimes the animals just respond better.

4. Hot pads for handling hot and fire-breathing creatures, such as blast-ended skrewts and salamanders.

5. Raw meat for thestrals and hippogryffs.


Part Two

1. House elves are short with large bat-like ears and enormous eyes.
2. Kreacher is bound to the Black Family, and later to Harry Potter.
3. Hermione makes small hats and socks for the house elves.
4. A house elf is freed when his master gives him clothes (the ultimate shame).
5. S.P.E.W stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elvish Welfare.

1 comment: