Sunday, October 11, 2009

The expanded wish list

I didn't get this homework done last week before taking off, but I did have a lot of time over the weekend to think about my preferences. There are a few things I'm picky about, but in general I love surprises!

First off, I'm very practical. I have no use for beautiful things that aren't practical (except as excellent gifts for others!) and I like my practical things to be beautiful as well (for example, I have fun red spatulas and measuring cups). I always go for quality over quantity, and choose classic items that are likely to last me a good long time.

I've sampled a few brands of yarn but don't have any favorites for now. I'm more interested in the fiber content and color. I've been dyeing my own yarn (mostly wool) and love getting creative with color-mixing. I can't wait to try out some new fibers. I'm a little bit obsessed with superwash wool, since I dislike hand-washing things (because I forget about them and they soak for hours on accident).

My stash of yarn has been growing lately, and I believe I have too much sock and lace yarn (though people say sock yarn doesn't count toward your stash). I'm pretty much set up with projects for the next 2 years with socks & shawls alone!

I love to be warm and cozy! My favorite things to do during cool weather are to read, bake, and cuddle up with my husband and watch a movie. (And by "bake" I mean "bake and devour".) I love to drink Stumptown coffee in the morning and have tea in the afternoon. There's just something so soothing about a steaming mug when it's cold outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment