Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wizardly Socks

Wow, has it been a crazy week! I took a little leave of absence from Camp during parts of the day to participate in a sock convention. There are so many crafty witches and wizards here! But I think the Muggles are starting to notice...

I went to a fun event at a local knitting shop and met some of the designers from Gladrags in London. I got to grill them with questions about their fantastic magical clothing. Lucky me!

I'm having so much fun putting together Rowena's kit. She's going to love it! It's already packed with goodies and delicious yarn and...well, I won't spoil the surprise.

My friend Hermione was stung by something this week. And not just once. TWICE!. It definitely wasn't a billywig, as she didn't get giddy and levitate. Actually, she did the opposite. Poor Hermione!!

In other news, I've been invited as a teaching fellow to NAIME, the North American Institute for Magical Education. How fun! I took a quick trip to tour the campus and get to know the other staff (they're all absolutely delightful of course), and to see the Summer Exchange students in action. They definitely do things differently at NAIME (but don't worry, it's not like Beauxbatons).

No comments:

Post a Comment