Saturday, August 15, 2009

Follow the Patronus!

Today was the last Summer Camp Game, which is bittersweet for me. It was really fun following Hermione's clues all over the place--she knows everything about Wizarding geneology!--and ending together in the chatroom was great. Each time another person joined us, it was time to celebrate another winner!

But being the last of this summer's games means that Summer Camp is drawing to a close as fall approaches. I'm sad at the idea of leaving camp, our charming cabin, the night-time bonfires, the practical jokes...and of course my campers. Pretty soon we'll be at Hogwarts again. I should feel excited to return to the castle, but knowing most of my campers will be sorted into other houses makes me feel strange. I've really come to love my Thestrals, and I don't want to compete against them.

Oh! before I forget: I was taking my morning swim in the lake when I spotted our DADA counselor sitting on the shore by himself. I'm not sure he saw me, even though I stopped and tread water for a bit. He was just staring out over the misty lake. I wonder what's preoccupying his mind these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment