Monday, December 14, 2009

An owl has landed!

An owl arrived this afternoon with a rather large package from Emma Wigworthy. The poor owl had long trip! I gave him a few owl nuts for his hard work and am letting him perch with Puck for the night, since it's cold and rainy here.



A little Montrose Magpie pride on the box:


A Montrose tote bag and note from Emma:


I can't believe all these little presents fit in the bag!




A mini-sock and doubleknit magpie bookmark:


A tatted bag and wee soap:


Absolutely gorgeous black lace mitts and wimple (like a smokering), accented with tiny pearlescent beads:


Three kinds of dairy-free chocolates, licorice flyers, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, and real English Breakfast Tea, in a tiny tin replica of the visitor's entrance to the Ministry of Magic:


A wonderful new book to teach me how to make self-patterning yarn:


A fun pattern for matching hat and mittens (and I really need some mittens!):


Beautiful autumn-y yarn:


And the tote bag and matching notebook, perfect for taking notes at the next Quidditch practice:


This whole kit is above and beyond amazing! Thank you so much Emma!!!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I knew you were lucky to get Emma as a spoiler! She sure didn't disappoint! Lovely kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved putting this together for you, despite concern that I might be making it too pretty! Thank you for posting such lovely photos of it - you showed it off really well! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single thing! DH thinks he's off the hook for chocolate now for at least next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, look at those little tatted flowerettes on the black gift bag! So pretty! Those are some lovely gifts you got! It's the funniest thing I have something called "Google Alerts" that will send you emails with links to pages (articles or blog posts) that have certain tag words you give it. I am an avid tatter and my blog is all about tatting so, of course, I have "Google Alerts" for "Tatting", "Tatted Lace", and "Tatting SHuttle" and your blog post link ended up in my email inbox this morning! HOw nice I'm glad it did! Hope you don't mind my popping in to say hello! You are welcome to come and visit my blog anytime! I love visitors almost as much as I love tatting (which is a LOT, LOL!).

    ReplyDelete